Toronto Mold Testing And Inspection Services
Prevent The Damaging Effects Of Mold
All molds, regardless of the type, pose some degree of risk to respiratory health and should, therefore, be removed. Hiring a professional Toronto mold testing company is the best way to determine the extent of your problem and implement an effective removal plan. Successful remediation is closely linked to identifying the exact location and the strain of mold.
How Does Mold Affect Your Health?
Studies show a relationship between mold and damp conditions. The following symptoms are seen in individuals affected by the presence of mold:
- Eye, nose and throat irritation
- Coughing and phlegm build-up
- Wheezing and shortness of breath
- Allergic reactions
- Increased incidences of asthma flare-ups
What Causes Mold?
- Condensation of moisture on surfaces due to excessive humidity, lack of ventilation, or low temperature
- Water leakage, e.g. from a broken pipe
- Infiltration of water from the outside, e.g. from a leaking roof or a cracked basement
- A flood that leaves behind damp surfaces and moisture
Who Is At Risk For Mold-Related Health Problems?
Some individuals are more vulnerable to the effects of mold than others:
- People with weakened immune systems
- Young children
- The elderly
- Individuals suffering from leukemia or AIDS, as well as transplant recipients and those with other health conditions that weaken the immune system
Why Do You Need Professional Mold Testing?
Mold can be anywhere. Wet and damp conditions increase growth and expand the area of contamination. While you might be able to see some surface mold, it often grows in areas that are not visible. It is not possible for an untrained eye to identify which types of mold are growing in your residential or commercial property.
A professional mold inspection provides 3 importance benefits:
- Determines the exact location
- Verifies the types of mold you are dealing with
- Helps formulate a proper mold removal plan
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada employs licensed mold inspectors to conduct mold testing assignments. We also use proven mold testing methods including air and material sampling. All findings are confirmed thorough independent laboratory analysis to ensure optimal accuracy.
If you are seeking a reliable Toronto mold inspection company, call Asbestos Environmental Of Canada today at 416-985-5025.