5 Ways To Remove Bathroom Mold
Professional Mold Removal In Toronto Offers Lasting Results
There are many DIY mold removal methods being employed by Toronto property owners. Whether or not your efforts will be successful depends on the extent of the problem and strain of mold. Black mold and infestations for instance, rarely respond to DIY solutions. If you are looking for a permanent solution, it is advisable to hire a professional mold testing service.
Here Are 5 Common Mold Removal Methods That Could Help With Minor Problems:
1. Soap and baking soda
- Mix 1 teaspoon of liquid soap, 1 cup of baking soda, few drops of an essential oil (citrus, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, etc.) and enough water to form a paste.
- Mix a solution of 1 part bleach to 2 parts water and transfer to a spray bottle.
- Spray the area with the baking soda and bleach solution and allow it to dry, spray again and then scrub with a brush.
- Rinse and repeat until all the mold is gone.
- Pour some mild white vinegar (do not dilute) in a spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar onto moldy surfaces and wait for an hour. Leave a window open if possible.
- After an hour, wipe the area with hot water and dry the surface with a towel. Be sure to dry it out thoroughly as damp surfaces encourage mold growth.
- You may even use this treatment to prevent mold growth.
- Use a HEPA filtered vacuum to remove any mold spores
- Mix a cup of borax with 1 gallon of water. (Borax is a natural cleaner and insecticide.)
- Use a brush to apply the borax solution and scrub the moldy surface.
- Then wipe up the borax solution and let the area dry.
- Put the ammonia into a spray bottle. (Use only clear ammonia.)
- Spray it onto the moldy surface and scrub thoroughly with a brush.
- Air out the space as ammonia has a strong and unpleasant odour.
- Wipe after a few hours.
- Caution: Never mix ammonia with bleach. It creates dangerous fumes.
5. Hydrogen Peroxide
- Pour 3% hydrogen peroxide into a dark spray bottle. (Hydrogen peroxide's effectiveness will diminish if it is exposed to light). You may add a little bit of vinegar to the hydrogen peroxide in order to enhance effectiveness.
- Do a spot test on the moldy surface to determine if it will fade the area.
- Spray the affected area completely and leave for an hour or two.
- Then wipe it off.
Continual exposure to mold can result in serious health problems. If you see green or black spots in your home, get it checked out by a professional immediately.
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada (AEOC) offers comprehensive mold testing and removal services for all types of properties in Toronto. Certified inspectors conduct air and material tests to determine the extent of your problem. Based on these highly accurate reports which are confirmed by an independent laboratory, we are able to formulate a successful mold removal plan.
If you are looking for the best mold removal company Toronto has to offer, call Asbestos Environmental Of Canada today at 416-985-5025.