Why Black Mold Removal Is Important
Black mold removal companies help eliminate the health risks associated with this toxic substance.
Symptoms of prolonged exposure to this type of mold include:
- Respiratory problems
- Increase in allergic reactions and asthma flare ups
- Irritation of the mucous membranes
- Immune system suppression
Black mold typically appears as a greenish black slimy mold but can also be dry and powdery. Known as Stachybotrys Chartarum, it is considered detrimental to human health because it produces toxins called mycotoxins.
Does Mildew Pose As Another Type Of Health Hazard?
Many people think mold and mildew are the same. This is partially true. We have highlighted the main differences and similarities between these two types of fungi for your understanding.
- Mold is a fungus that contains multiple identical nuclei. It grows in the form of hyphae of filaments.
- Mold has a fuzzy appearance and can be orange, green, black, brown, pink or purple in color.
- Prolonged exposure to mold spores can cause health problems such as allergic reactions and respiratory problems, due to the toxins (mycotoxins) it produces.
- Mildew is a specific kind of mold, usually with a flat growth habit.
- Mildew could be downy or powdery. Downy mildew starts as yellow spots that first become brighter in appearance and then the color changes to brown. Powdery mildew is whitish in color; it slowly turns yellowish brown and then black.
- Inhalation of mildew can cause coughing, headaches, a scratchy throat and lung problems. Mildew can also start growing in the lungs and cause other serious problems.
To prevent mold and mildew in your home, you need to keep all the areas dry and moisture-free. Also control humidity levels inside the house and fix any leaks in the bathroom, kitchen or other areas. Finish perishable food within three to four days.
Once mold sets in, it is not advisable to try and clean it out by yourself; increased exposure is known to negatively affect health. Improper or inexperienced handling may also cause the mold spores to spread. Call a Toronto mold removal company to help you deal with the problem effectively.
If you have a damp or wet basement, the chances of mold growth are very high. A professional mold inspection can help detect all problem areas, especially ones that are hidden. Get a certified mold inspector to do the mold testing.
Call Asbestos Environmental Of Canada at 416-985-5025 for exceptional Toronto mold removal services.