What To Expect During Mold Removal
There is a well-defined process for mold removal for residential and commercial properties. Whether or not your efforts will be successful depends on the expertise of your mold remediation company and the precautions you take to prevent future occurrences.
If you suspect you have a mold problem, make sure you hire the right Toronto mold removal company. Verify their credentials and track record. It also helps to educate yourself about what the process involves.
Here are some important points about the mold removal process:
- Mold testing: You could say this is the one of the most important steps. Mold testing pinpoints the location, extent and type of mold, which is critical to determining the right removal methods.
- Sealing of contaminated areas: Affected areas should be sealed in order to prevent the mold from spreading and contaminating other places.
- Wet vacuum: Wet vacuums are designed to collect water. They can be used to remove water from floors, carpets, and hard surfaces, however, they should not be used to vacuum porous materials. They should be used only when materials are still wet as there is a risk of spread mold spores if sufficient liquid is not present. Steam cleaning may be an alternative for carpets and some upholstered furniture.
- Damp-wipe surfaces: This may be done with plain water or with water and detergent solution (except for wood, use wood floor cleaner); then scrubbed as needed.
- HEPA vacuum: HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuums are recommended for final clean-up, i.e. after materials have been thoroughly dried and contaminated materials removed. They can also be used for removing dust that may have settled on surfaces outside the remediation area.
- Waste disposal: Water damaged and infected materials should be sealed in plastic bags and then properly disposed of as waste. This will reduce the dispersion of mold spores in the building.
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada (AEOC) offers the finest mold removal service in Toronto. They provide a thorough cleaning of affected areas, from floor to ceiling and everywhere in between. Additionally, we take care to seal off contaminated areas and ensure proper disposal areas to prevent the spread and recontamination by mold.
In the event that your residential property has a severe mold problem, we may suggest that you leave your home. This not only helps prevent any unnecessary exposure to this toxic substance but also to the heavy-duty cleaning substances (used only when absolutely necessary) we may need to use to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Call Asbestos Environmental Of Canada today at 416-985-5025 to discuss mold removal in Toronto.